Amtrak Travel Tips
Plus TrainWeb Hosted Websites
Related To Amtrak Travel Tips
is a registered trademark of the
National Railroad Passenger Corporation.
This is an Amtrak® fan site. Use of any trademarks™ or registered® trademarks on this web site
does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.
The staff of
TrainWeb and volunteers to the
American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation
have been posting rail travelogues, photos and other information related to Amtrak
to these APRHF Train Web Sites since 1996. You should always check with
Amtrak for the latest schedules,
services, equipment, etc. Information posted on the APRHF Train Web sites might not always be
up to date, especially from postings that may be from several years ago.
Click on the below image to visit our
rail magazine promotion trading partner:
Specific Amtrak Routes
Click on links below for information on each specific route including travelogues and photos:
Unofficial Rail Travel Fan Pages For Each Amtrak Route
Featuring Rail Travelogues, Photos and Other Information:
- Acela Express - Trains #2100s: Washington,DC-Boston,MA
- Acela Regional - Service on the Northeast Corridor (renamed to Regional)
- Adirondack - Train #68 & #69: Montreal,PQ,Canada to New York,NY
- Ann Rutledge - Train #303-304: Chicago,IL to Kansas City,MO
- California Zephyr - Train #5 & #6: Chicago,IL-Emeryville,CA
- Capitol Limited - Train #29 & #30: Washington,DC to Chicago,IL
- Capitols - Trains #700s: San Jose,CA-Colfax,CA
- Cardinal - Train #50 & #51: Chicago,IL to Washington,DC
- Cascades - Trains #700s: Eugene,OR to Vancouver,BC,Canada
- City Of New Orleans - Train #58 & #59: New Orleans,LA to Chicago,IL
- Coast Starlight - Train #11 & #14: Seattle,WA-Los Angeles,CA
- Crescent - Train #19 & #20: New York,NY to New Orleans,LA
- Desert Wind - Train #35 & #36: Chicago,IL to Los Angeles,CA (discontinued 1997)
- Downeaster - Train #680-689: Boston,MA to Portland,ME
- Ethan Allen Express - Trains #200s: Rutland,VT to Washington,DC
- Empire Builder - Train #7 & #8: Chicago,IL-Seattle,WA
- Empire Builder - Train #27 & #28: Chicago,IL-Portland,OR
- International - Train #364-367: Chicago,IL to Toronto,ON,Canada (discontinued 2004)
- Illinois Service
- Kentucky Cardinal - Train #850-851: Chicago,IL to Louisville,KY (discontinued 2003)
- Lake Cities - Train #352-353: Chicago,IL to Pontiac,MI (renamed to Wolverine)
- Lake Shore Limited - Train #48 & #49: Chicago,IL-New York,NY
- Lake Shore Limited - Train #448 & #449: Chicago,IL-Boston,MA
- Maple Leaf - Train #63 & #64: New York,NY to Toronto,ON,Canada
- Metroliner - Train #100-201: Washington,DC to New York,NY
- Mt Adams Talgo - Train #752 & #753: Seattle,WA toPortland,OR (renamed to Cascades)
- Mt Baker Intl - Train #760 & #761: Seattle,WA to Vancouver,BC,Canada (renamed to Cascades)
- National Chief - Train #15 & #16: Washington,DC to Los Angeles,CA (never implemented)
- NortheastDirect - Service On The Northeast Corridor (renamed to Acela Regional)
- Pacific Surfliner - Trains #500s & #700s: San Diego,CA-San Luis Obispo,CA
- Pere Marquette - Train #370 & #371: Chicago,IL to Grand Rapids,MI
- Pioneer - Train #25 & #26: Chicago,IL to Seattle,WA (discontinued 1997)
- San Diegans - Trains #500s & #700s: San Diego,CA-San Luis Obispo,CA (Now Pacific Surfliner)
- San Joaquins - Trains #700s: Bakersfield,CA-Oakland,CA; Bakersfield,CA-Sacramento,CA
- Silver Meteor - Train #97 & #98: New York,NY to Miami,FL
- Silver Palm - Train #89 & #90: New York,NY to Miami,FL (replaced by Palmetto)
- Silver Star - Train #91 & #92: New York,NY to Miami,FL
- Southwest Chief - Train #3 & #4: Chicago,IL-Los Angeles,CA
- Sunset Limited - Train #1 & #2: Miami,FL-Los Angeles,CA
- Texas Eagle - Train #421 & #422: Chicago,IL to Los Angeles,CA
- Three Rivers - Train #40 & #41: Chicago,IL to New York,NY
- Twilight Shoreliner - Trains #66, 67, 76: Boston,MA to Newport News,VA (replaced by Federal)
- Vermonter - Train #55 & #56: Washington,DC to St.Albans,VT/Montreal,PQ,Canada
- Wolverine - Train #350-351: Chicago,IL to Pontiac,MI
- Travelogues for Multiple Routes
TrainWeb Hosted Websites Featuring
Amtrak Travel Tips
Sorted by URL and not by title.
- American Train Station Directory
Information about some American train stations and routes (Info might not be up to date).
- ★★★ Ben "Dutch" Myers Amtrak Travelogues
- ★★★ Over 100 Rail Travelogues by Carl Morrison
- ★★★ Ride The Rails With Chris Guenzler!
www.trainweb.org/chris - Ride The Rails With Chris Guenzler
Chris has ridden over 1,439,000.0 miles - that is equal to over 59.96 times around the world! He has ridden trains in all 50 states and has traveled on every Amtrak route at least twice, plus all the trains of Canada's Via Rail as well as every intercity route in Canada. In Mexico he has done Copper Canyon many times plus some other special places...
- ★★★ Friends Of Amtrak
- ★★★ Rail Travel Trip Reports & Photos by Fred Dunn
- ☆ Surfliner Photos
- ★★★ Rail Travel Reports & Photos by Jack M. Turner
- ☆ Rail Travel Trip Reports by Jim Nowell
- ★★★★★ On-Track-On-Line
www.on-track-on-line.com - On-Track-On-Line
Extensive Amtrak Railfan information and photos including an extensive Amtrak Photo Roster, Amtrak Travel Tips, Auto Train Tips, Amtrak Radio Frequencies, Photo Gallery, Trip Reports, Urban Transit, Forums, Chat and more...
- ★★★ Outside The Rails
- ☆☆☆ Steven Reynolds
- ★★★ Exploring Adventures and Travel by Robin Bowers
- ☆☆☆ Rich Kimmel's Amtrak Travelogues
- ★ Sunset Friends
www.trainweb.org/sunsetfriends - Sunset Friends.
Amtrak's Sunset Limited (Amtrak Trains 1 and 2) is one of America's oldest passenger train routes. Originally developed by the Southern Pacific Railroad in the 19th Centrury, the Sunset has spanned the Sun Belt since before that name became popular, connecting...
- ★★★ Ron Goodenow's Attic
www.trainweb.org/theattic - Ron Goodenow's Attic
The Attic is a personal museum, drawing on the stash of items I've collected -- and am still collecting -- in my railway and other travels. I'm including visits to museums and shortlines, profiles of American and foreign carriers, timetables...
- ★ Tim Helmuth's Trip Reports and Travelogues
- ☆ Todd's Amtrak Travel
- ★ Tom's Rail Travels
- ★ Tony's Amtrak Travels
www.trainweb.org/tony - Tony's Amtrak Travels
Photos and trip reports of my many adventures riding the rails across America including Amtrak Lake Shore Limited, Amtrak Southwest Chief, Amtrak Sunset Limited, Amtrak California Zephyr, Amtrak Texas Eagle, Amtrak Coast Starlight, and more...
- ★ USA by Rail
www.trainweb.org/usabyrail - USA by Rail
The USA by Rail guide book, fully updated in this latest Eighth edition, reveals in entertaining fashion the unique pleasures of North American train travel with Amtrak and VIA Rail. John Pitt has travelled more than 75,000 miles by train in the USA and Canada and his book, published by Bradt Travel Guides, features comprehensive route guides as well as all the practical information you need to make reservations, buy tickets and find your way around strange train stations. There are maps to accompany each route guide, making it easy to plan your itinerary and get the most from an Amtrak or VIA Rail pass. Details of Amtrak...
- ★ USA Rail Guide - Amtrak Stations Database
www.trainweb.org/usarail - USA Rail Guide
Passenger Railroad Guide - An Amtrak Stations Database that includes extensive photos and information of almost all of the Amtrak Stations plus some VIA Rail Canada Stations. A Japanese Version is also provided...
CLICK HERE to return to the Directory.
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|